1 cup gluten cubes, slightly fried
1 cup radish, sliced
1/2 cup peanut butter
1 cup squash, sliced
1/4 cup ground toasted rice
1/2 cup onions, sliced
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 cup string beans, sliced
1 stalk native pechay, sliced
1 cup eggplants, sliced
1 small banana blossom, sliced
Salt to taste
How to cook Vegetarian Kare-Kare with Gluten:
- Sauté garlic, onions and gluten.
- Pour enough water to cover gluten and add peanut butter and ground rice to thicken.
- Add atchuete for coloring and season with salt.
- Fry all the vegetables, one after the other.
- Place on top of the cooked gluten. Yield: 4 to 6 servings.