Recipe for tomato sauce ( see recipe below)
Recipe for vegetables ( see recipe below)
Recipe for white sauce ( see recipe below)
1 cup parmesan cheese
1 cup quickmelt cheese
For Tomato Sauce:
1 bulb onion chopped
1 pc carrot, chopped
1 pc celery stalks, chopped
1/ 4 cup olive oil 1 clove garlic
1/ 4 tbsp basil, dried
1/ 4 tsp thyme, dried
1/ 4 tsp oregano, dried
2 cans tomatoes
1 tbsp tomato paste
1 tbsp sugar to taste salt to taste pepper
- Put onion, carrot, celery in a food processor until minced
- In a medium saucepan, heat olive oil saute garlic for 2 minutes.
- Add the chopped vegetables and herbs.
- Cook over low heat for 5 minutes or until the vegetables are softened ant lightly colored
- Add the tomatoes ant tomato paste, then add sugar, bring to a boil, then lower the heat and bring to a simmer.
For White Sauce
1/ 4 cups butter
1/ 2 cups flour
4 cups fresh milk
1/ 4 tsp nutmeg
1/ 2 tsp salt and pepper
- In a medium saucepan, melt butter. Add the flour and cook for 2 minute.
- Gradually add the milk, mixing continuously with a wire whisk.
- Let mixture boll and thicken a little. Season with nutmeg, salt and pepper,
1 pound eggplant
1 pound zucchini
2 packs button mushrooms
6 in spinach leaves
1 bulb onion
to taste salt and pepper
- Heat olive oil or butter in a saucepan. Add about half of the zucchini slices.
- Season with salt and pepper Cook for about 5 minutes until they are lightly colored on both sides.
- Repeat with the remaining zucchini. Do the same for the eggplant.
- For the button mushrooms and spinach. In a medium saute pan, heat butter.
- Saute the onion until translucent for about 2 minutes. Add the mushrooms and spinach leaves.
- Season with salt and pepper Cook until the vegetables are tender.
- Add the tomatoes and tomato paste, Add the sugar.
- Bring to a boil, then lower the heat and bring to a gentle simmer.
- Cook for about 45 minutes, uncovered and stir occasionally Season with salt and pepper
- Spread half of the tomato sauce in a baking dish. Add 3/4 to 1 cup of the white sauce.
- Then add half of the vegetable mixture spreading it evenly. Add the four sheet of, lasagna noodles.
- Repeat these layers, then top with the remaining tomato sauce and white sauce.
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and quickmelt cheese.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 45 minutes until the pasta feels tender when pierced with a skewer.
- Allow it to stand for 10 minutes before serving.