1/2 cup butter
2 teaspoons kalamansi peel
1 cup grated cheese
1/3 cup finely chopped onions
6 kalamansi halves
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
3 tablespoons kalamansi juice
2 garlic cloves, chopped
1 tablespoon chopped kinchay (celery)
1 box (8 ounces spaghetti)
4 cups vegemeat, sliced and lightly fried
How to cook Vegemeat Spaghetti:
- Heat 3 tablespoons butter in a pan. Sauté onion and garlic until tender.
- Add kalamansi juice, kinchay, kalamansi peel, pepper, bay leaf and 2 cups water; simmer until liquid is reduced to about 1 cup.
- Remove bay leaf. Stir in vegemeat and heat thoroughly.
- Add remaining butter; stir until melted.
- Cook spaghetti in boiling salted water until tender yet firm, about 6 to 10 minutes; drain.
- Pour sauce over spaghetti, sprinkle with cheese and serve with kalamansi halves or lemon wedges.
- Yield: 6 to 8 servings.