1/4 cup butter
1 tablespoon cooking oil
1/4 cup minced onions or 1 tablespoon minced green onion (optional)
1/4 kilo fresh or a big can button mushrooms, quartered
1/4 kilo fresh or 1 can straw mushroom, quartered
100 grams fresh shitake mushrooms or
6 pieces dried black mushrooms (soaked in hot water for 15 minutes), quartered
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/4 teaspoon MSG (optional)
2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped or 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning (optional)
1/4 cup white wine
250 grams spaghetti, macaroni, linguini or fettuccine
1 cup all-purpose or whipping cream, at room temperature
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
How to cook Three Mushrooms Pasta:
- In a heavy, medium saucepan over low fire, melt butter with oil.
- Saute onions until transparent, stirring frequently.
- Add mushrooms and simmer, stirring frequently for 5 minutes.
- Do not overcook mushrooms, they should be slightly crunchy.
- Season with salt, pepper, MSG,basil and wine, and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Adjust seasoning to taste. Remove from fire and set aside.
- Cook pasta according to package instructions and drain.
- Mix with mushrooms. Stir in cream, sprinkle with cheese and serve immediately.
- Serves 6 persons. Heat any leftovers with a little fresh milk to prevent burning.