1 package 8-ounce spaghetti
1 cup vegemeat, fried and diced
1/4 teaspoon sweet pepper
2 tablespoons oil
1 teaspoon garlic, minced
1 cup mushroom, sliced
1 tablespoon sugar
8-ounce can tomato sauce
1/3 cup onion. chopped finely
How to cook Spaghetti Ala Diable:
- Cook spaghetti. Drain and arrange in a greased casserole or pyrex dish.
- Sauté garlic and onion in oil until tender but not brown.
- Add tomato sauce. salt, pepper and sugar. Heat to boiling, then add vegemeat and mushrooms.
- Simmer for 3 minutes. Pour over cooked spaghetti.
- Toss with a fork and sprinkle with grated cheese.
- Bake at 350 °F until the mixture is heated through and the cheese is melted.
- Yield: 6 to 8 servings.
FOOD FOR THOUGHTS: ( Pasta Power)