10 pcs ripe santol
2 tbsp. cooking oil
1/4 kilo ground pork ( for vegetarians, substitute with vegemeat, gluten or white meat )
1 head garlic, crushed
1 pc onion, chopped
4 pcs siling haba, finger-like pepper, sliced thinly
2 cup coconut milk from 2 grated coconuts
1 tsp. sugar
Salt according to taste
How to cook Ginataang Santol Sa Sili
- Wash santol and pare skin. Cut in half and remove seeds.
- Grate the flesh directly into a bowl of hot water and squeeze tightly using a cheesecloth to drain liquid. Set aside.
- Heat a carajay. Put 2 tablespoons cooking oil. Add ground pork and stir-fry until light brown.
- Push to the side. Add the garlic and and onion and cook until soft. Combine with the cooked pork.
- Add the siling haba and the squeezed santol flesh. Pour in the coconut milk.
- Boil then simmer for about 30 minutes with occasional stirring.
- Season with salt and sugar. Serve hot with steamed rice. Serves 5.