1/3 cup olive oil
1 carrot, sliced
1/4 cup garlic
2-3 cups broth
1 cup chopped onion
2 cups cream, whipped
1/4 kilo tomatoes, quartered
1 big broccoli, cut into flowerettes, blanched
Salt and pepper to taste
How to cook Pasta with Creamy Brocolli Sauce:
- Cook 1/2 kilo pasta of your choice according to package directions. Toss with olive oil.
- Saute garlic, onion, carrots, tomatoes and broccoli. Set aside.
- In the same pan, stir in whipped cream and broth. Season to taste.
- Return sauteed vegetables and let cook for a few seconds before tossing in cooked pasta.
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and serve.
COOKING AND HEALTH TIPS:
Line the bottom of crisper with a paper towel to absorb liquids that make veggies wilt.
A quick way to separate vegetables is to pour boiling water over them in a colander and then add them to your casserole or stove-top dish to finish cooking.