3 teaspoons oil
1 & 1/4 cups mashed potatoes
1/4 cup chopped onion
1/3 cup coarsely chopped nuts
1/3 cup chopped meet green peppers
1/4 teaspoon sage
1 & 1/4 cups cooked lentils, drained well and mashed
1/2 teaspoon salt
How to cook Lentil Patties:
- Sauté onion and green pepper in oil, but do not brown.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix together well.
- Form into small round cakes. Brush top lightly with oil.
- Brown in hot oven (400 °F) for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Serve plain or with brown or mushroom gravy.
- Yield: 5 to 6 servings.