2 tablespoons cooking oil
1 cup thick coconut milk (second extraction)
8-10 heads of garlic, minced
1/2 cup slivered ginger
1 teaspoon black peppercorns
1 cup thick coconut cream (first extraction)
1 medium green papaya, slivered thinly
Salt to taste
How to cook Guinataang Papaya:
- In a pan heat cooking oil and saute garlic.
- When garlic starts to turn brown, add the ginger and peppercorns and saute while pressing down to pulverize mixture. Saute the papaya in the pan.
- Pour in second extraction of coconut milk, salt and MSG, Cover and simmer 10 to 15 minutes or until papaya turns transparent.
- Add first extraction of coconut milk and simmer 5 minutes more. Correct seasoning.
- May serve already at this point unless you want it of thicker consistency, in which case, let it simmer on low heat until of desired consistency.