2 tablespoons dry rice
2 tablespoons onion, minced
2 & 1/2 cups water
1 cup tomatoes, stewed
1 tablespoon margarine
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup celery, chopped
1 cup okra, thinly sliced
1 tablespoon green pepper, chopped
3 tablespoons parsley, chopped
How to cook Tomato and Okra Soup
- Brown rice in oven until golden brown.
- Add water and cook for about 15 minutes.
- Sauté celery, pepper and onion in margarine and add to rice.
- Add tomato and salt; add okra for the last 6 minutes before rice is done.
- Simmer together and serve with chopped parsley.
- Yield: 4 servings.