1/2 white radish, about 225g
2 tsp salt
500 ml (2 cups) Vinegar
3 red chilies
75g (2 & 1/2 oz.) (fine) sugar
How to make Pickled Veggies with Chilies
- Peel radish and carrots and cut into strips (little finger size).
- Slice chilies into large diagonal pieces. Combine in a howl and sprinkle with salt. Set aside for 30 minutes.
- Squeeze out and discard as much moisture as possible out of the vegetables, then rinse briefly in cold water and squeeze dry again.
- Pack into a large, clean and screw top jar. Bring Vinegar and sugar to boil then let mixture cool for 5 minutes.
- Pour over radish, carrots and chilies. Let cool completely, then steep overnight, covered, before serving.
- Pickle keeps for couple of week in a cool place.