1 ripe oval watermelon
1 honeydew melon
1 (No.2) 1/2 can fruit cocktail
3 oranges, peeled and sectioned
3 & 1/2 cups pineapple chunks, drained
1 medium-sized ripe cantaloupe
1 quart strawberries, fresh or frozen
How to make Watermelon Fruit Boat
- Cut watermelon lengthwise, using about three-fourths of melon for boat.
- Cut the edges carefully in large angles about 1 inch deep to form a zig-zag pattern.
- Scoop out as many balls as possible from seedless pulp.
- Scoop out remaining pulp; turn melon upside down to drain.
- Chill melon in refrigerator. Scoop out balls from other melons.
- Drain fruit cocktail: prepare strawberries. Mix fruit in large bowl very gently.
- Remove melon boat from refrigerator; wipe out remaining moisture.
- Pile fruit lightly into melon boat and chill until time to serve. Yield: 15 servings.