1 bunch sitaw, cut into 2-inch pieces
1 cup sliced red onions
1 cup seeded and sliced red bell pepper
1 bunch alugbati leaves
1 & 1/2 cups water
1 & 1/2 teaspoons salt
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon pepper
1/3 cup vinegar
- In an 8″ x 8″ heat-proof glass, layer the vegetables starting with sitaw at the bottom and ending with alugbati leaves on top.
To make the vinegar syrup:
- Combine water, sugar and vinegar in a saucepan and boil over medium heat until sugar is dissolved.
- Add salt and pepper. Turn up the heat and cook syrup to a running boil.
- Remove from heat and immediately pour over the vegetables. Cover for 5 minutes.
- Uncover and cool to room temperature.
- Transfer pickled vegetables to a clean glass container and store in the refrigerator.