1 cup banana, saba variety, mashed
2 eggs, beaten
1 cup saba, sliced thinly
1/2 cup sugar
1 cup sifted all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
cooking oil for frying
salt to taste
For Rum Butter Sauce:
1/4 cup Anchor butter
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup all-purpose cream
2 tbsps rum
How to cook Maruyang Saging In Rum Butter Sauce
- In a mixer, lightly beat eggs and sugar until thickened.
- Sift together flour, baking powder and salt, and fold into egg and sugar mixture.
- Follow with mashed and thinly sliced saba. Stir to turn mixture into a smooth batter.
- Heat oil in skillet. Fry patties of maruya until golden brown and crisp.
- Make sauce by melting butter in saucepan.
- Combine cream and brown sugar and add into melted butter.
- Stir until thick and smooth. Let cool and add rum.
- Pour sauce over warm maruya and serve.