1/3 lb kamote (sweet potato)
1 egg, beaten
1/3 cup margarine, softened
2/3 cup milk
3 tbsp granulated sugar
1 & 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
3 tbsp brown sugar
water (for boiling sweet potatoes)
1/4 tsp salt
1 pie case
How to make kamote pie
- Boil camote on salted water. Mash when cooked.
- Mix margarine, salt and sugar in a large bowl.
- Whisk until creamy. Place camote and mix well.
- Add beaten egg, milk and vanilla and whisk at low speed.
- Pour mixture onto unbaked pie case. Bake at 350° F until done.
- Cool for several minutes before serving.