1 pc medium size mature coconut,grated
100 gm fresh ripe langka or jackfruit, segmented
200 gm malagkit rice flour, soaked in water
1 pc pandan leaf or pinch of anise seeds
100 gm camote or sweet potato
60 gm cooked large sago or tapioca
100 gm fresh ube or purple yam
600 ml water
100 gm ripe saba banana
How to make Guinataang Halo-Halo
- Pour one cup of lukewarm water and extract milk from grated coconut, strain and set aside.
- Discard shredded coconut meat.
- Make small balls from soaked malagkit rice flour. Set aside. This will be the bilo-bilo.
- Peel potato, fresh ube and saba banana. Slice into small cubes.
- Boil water, add bilo-bilo balls and simmer until bals float. Remove from water and set aside.
- Boil sweet potato until tender. add ube, banana and langka.
- When cooked, add in coconut milk extract, pandan leaf and rice balls.
- Simmer until thick and creamy. Add sago; remove pandan leaf.
- Serve hot or cold.