3 coconuts, grated
1/2 kilo corn, scraped from the cob
12 cups hot water, divided
1 & 1/4 cups sugar
1 cup malagkit (glutinous rice),washed well
1/2 kilo sliced langka
1 cup regular rice, washed well
How to cook Ginataan Mais:
- Squeeze grated coconut to extract the cream. This is the first extraction. Set aside.
- Make second extraction: Add 4 cups of the hot water to the grated coconut and squeeze to obtain coconut milk.
- For third extraction: Add remaining hot water and squeeze grated coconut again to obtain more milk.
- Boil washed malagkit and rice in third extraction of coconut milk. When rice is half-cooked add corn and second extraction. Cook until rice is tender, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat. Add sugar, langka and some of the first extraction (coconut cream).
- Save part of the coconut cream to top each serving.