2 cup all purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup corn oil
1 tablespoon water
3 1 /3 cup buko, young coconut
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup evaporated milk
1/4 cup cornstarch
1/4 cup cheese, grated
How to make buko pie
- To prepare the crust, combine flour and salt. Blend in oil thoroughly using a fork.
- Sprinkle with water. Continue “cutting” with a fork until flour mixture forms tiny lumps. Form flour mixture into a ball.
- Divide dough into 2 equal portions. Roll out to make 2 crusts. Cover bottom of pie pan with one crust. Cut excess.
- Prick pastry all over with fork. Bake in preheated oven at 450°F for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown
- Combine all ingredients except cheese and cook over low heat.
- Continue stirring until thick. Pour mixture into pastry-lined pie pan.
- Top filling with the second crust. Seal ends all around with a fork.
- Bake at 400 °F until crust turns golden brown. Sprinkle grated cheese on top.
- Bake for additional 5 minutes. Serves 8.