2 pcs coconuts, meat grated pandan leaves
1 kg brown sugar
2 tbsps vanilla extract buco juice
all-purpose flour or cornstarch
How to make Bukayo with Pandan
- Boil together bum juice, sugar and pandan leaves until sugar dissolves completely and mixture thickens.
- Add vanilla extract. Remove pandan leaves. Cook grated coconut in a pan with a little oil until it turns slightly brown.
- Add syrup and thicken with a little flour or cornstarch diluted in water. Keep stirring so that syrup coats the grated coconut completely, mixture thickens and bukayo gets cooked completely.
- When cooked, transfer bukayo to a bowl. Form into small balls while hot.
- Use plastic wrap or wax paper to cushion your hands from the hot mixture.