A glutinous rice delicacy cooked with coconut milk. Similar to suman, wrapped in banana leaves and steamed.
3 cups malagkit (glutinous rice)
5 cups coconut milk, first extract
1 tsp salt
1/2 cup sugar
How to cook Budbud Pilipit:
- Wash malagkit very well. Drain. Cook with coconut milk, salt, and sugar in a wok, stirring constantly.
- When mixture is almost dry, stir to prevent it from sticking to bottom of wok.
- Reduce heat, and cover mixture with banana leaves for a few minutes.
- Wrap 2 tablespoons of cooked malagkit in wilted banana leaves.
- Tie in pairs, and steam 30 minutes in a big pot.
- Serve with hot chocolate or ripe mangoes.