1 liter glutinous rice (malagkit),soaked in water overnight
1/2 cup water
15 pcs banana leaves, 7″x7″
4 cups coconut extract
1 glass water
1 pair big size panocha (store bought)
How to make Binalay:
- Grind soaked glutinous rice finely (remove excess water before grinding).
- Mix ground glutinous rice and 1/2 cup water.
- Mold 2 to 3 grams mixture and wrap in banana leaves greased with coconut oil.
- Put in steamer until cooked.
- Cook coconut milk in pan until latik turns brown.
- Remove half latik and separate little oil for banana leaves.
- Add water and panocha into pan with half latik and coconut oil.
- Continue cooking until panocha melts (sauce thickens when removed from fire).
- Add remaining latik to mixture.