1/2 cup monggo (mung beans), boiled and mashed
1/2 cup white sugar
2 cup ground pure malagkit rice soaked in water
refined white sugar
3 cup coconut milk
3 /4 – 1 cup white sugar divided
1-1/2 tbsp. cornstarch
1 cup coconut cream
How to cook Baked Bilo-Bilo in Coconut Sauce
- Combine mongo and sugar. Cook with constant stirring until thick. Set aside. Place ground malagkit in a cheese cloth and squeeze out water.
- Transfer to bowl. Add 2 tablespoons of sugar. Form 1 tablespoon of the mixture into balls.
- Fill the center with sweetened mongo. Do the same with the rest of the mixture. Grease a square pan and line with banana leaves. Arrange the balls on the pan. Set aside.
- Combine coconut milk and 1/2 cup sugar in a saucepan. Cook over moderate heat for 10 minutes while continuously stirring.
- Pour into balls in the pan. Cover with banana leaves. Bake at 350 deg F for 1 1/2 hours or until cooked.
- Meanwhile, dissolve cornstarch in 1 cup coconut creamed the remaining sugar.
- Cook over low heat for 3 minutes. Pour over the malagkit balls to thicken the sauce. Bake for 5-10 more minutes.