How to make Salted Eggs In Brine:
- Boil 6 cups of water and 12 cups of salt. Cool.
- Carefully place 12 chicken or duck eggs in a wide-mouth glass jar. Pour the salt solution in the jar.
- Weigh down eggs with plate or cup to keep them from floating or use a sealed plastic bag filled with the salt solution.
- Cover mouth of jar with a perforated paper. Keep in cool, dry place.
- Try an egg after 12 days. Soak again for 5 days more if egg is not salty enough. You may use duck’s egg but soak them longer.
- When ready, boil egg for 5 minutes, and let stand 10 more minutes. Color eggs, if desired.