How to make Dried Ginger:
- Wash fresh whole ginger. Peel by scraping off the skin with a knife. Slice 1/8-inch thick.
- Dip in 2 percent sodium metabisulfite solution (1 to 1 & 1/2 tablespoons to a liter of water) for from 5 to 10 minutes.
- Remove liquid, spread on wire trays lined with nylon mesh or sinamay.
- Dry under the sun or in any suitable drier until slices are crisp.
- Pack in plastic bags or any insect-proof container.
COOKING AND HEALTH TIPS: Upset Stomach? Eat Bananas and Ginger Bananas help settle an upset stomach. Ginger helps cure morning sickness and nausea.