Kiwi : Tiny but mighty
This is a good source of potassium, magnesium, Vitamin E & fibre. It’s Vitamin C content is twice that of an orange.
Apple : An apple a day keeps the doctor away?
Although an apple has a low Vitamin C content, it has antioxidants & flavonoids which enhances the activity of Vitamin C thereby helping to lower the risks of colon cancer, heart attach & stroke.
Strawberry : Protective Fruit
Strawberries have the highest total antioxidant power among major fruits & protect the body from cancer causing, blood vessels clogging free radicals.
Orange : Sweetest medicine
Taking 2 -4 oranges a day may help keep colds away, lower cholesterol, prevent & dissolve kidney stones as well as lessen the risk of colon cancer.
Watermelon : Coolest Thirst Quencher
Composed of 92% water, it is also packed with a giant dose of glutathione which helps boost our immune system. They are also a key source of lycopene – the cancer fighting oxidant. Other nutrients found in watermelon are Vitamin C & Potassium.
Guava & Papaya : Top awards for Vitamin C
They are the clear winners for their high Vitamin C content. Guava is also rich in fibre which helps prevent constipation. Papaya is rich in carotene, this is good for your eyes.
Tips of how to stay young….
Research has found that people who generally live longer do so partly because of good habits. Here, Dr Vernon Coleman and others provide some of the following good habits for longevity.
- Laugh & fun, don’t be gloomy
- Let bygones be bygones. Dwelling on the past inflicts unnecessary stress.
- Early to bed, early to rise, is healthy & wise
- Stay lean, being just 30% overweight is bad.
- Keep learning, reading & socializing – an alert & active mind keeps brain cells healthy.
- Keep working, doing something you like. Don’t retire, it slows down your body.
- Be the boss of your own life. Letting others push you around produces stress.
- Too many pills ruin your body, take just what you need.
- Constantly alternating between weight gain & loss is bad
- Exercise, quit smoking and eat less fatty foods
- Do not worry about health & death, just get on with your life and enjoy it.