2 parts sugar to one part water
water for soaking and boiling
How to make santol preserve:
- Select sound ripe santol fruits. Wash and blanch for 10 minutes.
- Peel thinly and evenly. Cut into halves and remove the seeds.
- Soak in water for 3 days, changing the water everyday.
- Prepare syrup (2 parts sugar to one part water). Boil santol in syrup for 15 minutes.
- Allow to soak. Repeat the procedure of boiling and soaking santol in syrup for one week.
- On the last day, boil the syrup until thick and add santol.
- Continue cooking over a slow fire, constantly stirring until the syrup dries up and coats the santol.
- Cool and wrap.