2 pcs Ampalaya
1 & 1/2 cups Water
2 pcs Dayap or lime , squeezed juice
3 cups Crushed ice
Sugar syrup to taste
How to make Ampalaya ( Bitter Melon ) Cooler Shake
- Wash and de-seed the ampalaya. Cut into thin slices. Place in a blender with water, blend until smooth.
- Strain and squeeze out the pulp. (You can use this in the other recipe.) Save the liquid.
- Put the ampalaya juice back into the blender with the dayap juice, sugar syrup and ice. Blend until well incorporated.
- If the drink settles, just shake or stir before serving. Serves 4-6 persons.
To make sugar syrup
- In a small saucepan, combine 3 cups sugar and 1-1/2 cups water.
- Cover and let boil over medium heat until sugar is dissolved.
- Cool and store in refrigerator.