1/2 cup pinipig, toasted
3 Tbsp. langka (jackfruit) chopped
1 can condensed milk
2 Tbsp. butter or margarine
1 cup squash, boiled and mashed
2 Tbsp. cashew nuts or peanuts, finely chopped
6 pcs egg yolks
How to make Squash Yema Balls
- Mix pinipig and langka in condensed milk. Set aside.
- In another bowl combine butter, squash, egg yolks and cashew nuts.
- Add to the pinipig mixture and mix thoroughly.
- Transfer to a heavy saucepan and cook over low heat, stirring constantly.
- When thick enough to hold its shape, remove from heat.
- Cool mixture. Form 1/2 tablespoon mixture into balls and roll in sugar.
- Wrap each in cellophane. Yields 30