1 cup shredded cheese
1 & 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 cup margarine
1 cup chopped nuts
1 & 1/4 cups sugar
2 tablespoons sugar
1 cup ripe bananas, mashed
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 & 1/4 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
How to make Coffee-Time Cake
- Combine cheese, margarine and sugar, mixing well until blended.
- Add eggs one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- Blend in bananas and vanilla.
- Gradually add flour, combined with baking soda and baking powder.
- Mix together nuts, sugar and cinnamon.
- Fold half of the nut mixture into batter.
- Pour into greased and floured 22 by 32- centimeters baking pan.
- Sprinkle with remaining nut mixture.
- Bake for from 35 to 40 minutes or until cake tester comes out clean.
FOOD FOR THOUGHTS: ( Flavorful Coffee) Freezing coffee, whole beans or ground, in a well-sealed container or zip-locked bag is a great way to preserve flavor.