1 & 1/2 cups salad oil or 1 cup butter and 1/2 cup oil
2 & 1/2 cups sugar
4 eggs, separated
5 tbsp. hot water
2 & 1/2 cups sifted all purpose flour
1 & 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. ground nutmeg
1/8 tsp. ground cloves
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
1 cup freshly grated carrots
1 cup crushed pineapple, drained
1 cup chopped walnuts
How to make Carrot Pineapple Cake
- Preheat oven to 325 deg F. Grease and lightly flour a 9-inch tube pan (or two 9 x 1-1/2 inch round baking pans or
a 13 x 9 x 2 inch baking pan).
- Cream oil and 2 cups of the sugar until blended. Add egg yolks one at a time, beating well after each addition.
Beat in hot water.
- Sift dry ingredients together, beat into egg mixture. Stir in carrots, pineapple, and walnuts.
- Beat egg whites until soft peaks form. Gradually add the remaining 1/2 cup sugar, beating until stiff. Fold into batter. Pour into prepared pan. Bake 60-70 minutes (tube pan), 30-40 minutes (round pans) or 50-60 minutes (rectangular pan) or until cake tests done.
- When cool, frost with Cream Cheese Frosting or brush with Butter Rum Sauce
Cream Cheese Frosting
1/3 cup margarine
1 can-14 ounce (1/2 cup) package cream cheese
1 tsp. vanilla extract
2 cups sifted powdered sugar
- Cream margarine and cream cheese together until soft and smooth. Add vanilla. Add powdered sugar gradually and beat until it becomes spreading consistency.
Butter – Rum Sauce
1/4 cup water
1/2 cup rum
1 cup (200gram) sugar
1/4 cup (56gram) butter
- In a saucepan, mix water, rum and sugar and bring to a boil until sugar dissolves. Remove from fire and stir in butter until melted.