1 tbsp. butter
2 cups water
32 pcs butter cookies or graham crackers
2 eggs, well beaten
2 tbsp. unflavored gelatin, softened in
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1/2 cup water
6 banana (lakatan), sliced thinly diagonally
1&1/4 cups condensed milk
How to make Banana Flan
- Grease 9″ x 9″ ovenproof dish with butter. Lay half of the butter cookies or graham crackers at the bottom of the pan. Set aside.
- In a saucepan, dissolve gelatin with milk, water and eggs. Put over medium heat, stirring constantly until mixture thickens. Add vanilla extract. Pour half flan mixture over cookies. Let cool till half set.
- Layer up the bananas on top of flan. Pour remaining flan. Top with remaining cookies or Graham crackers.
- Press them lightly onto the flan. Chill and serve.
Cool Culinary Tips -Tips on handling gelatin
- For properly set gelatin mixtures, gelatin must be dissolved completely in hot liquid such as water or milk in a bowl or saucepan. No visible bits of gelatin should remain in the mixture or they will spoil its clarity and smoothness.
- To turn out gelatin desserts on to serving platter, dip mold into warm water (just to the rim) for 10 seconds.
Be careful not to melt the dessert.
- Before inverting platter on top of mold, moisten platter first so that if dessert comes out off-center on the platter, it can be moved easily to the center.