10 egg whites (1-1/4 cups)
1/4 tsp. salt
1 tsp. cream of tartar
1 tsp. vanilla
1 cup sugar
1 cup sifted cake flour
How to make Angel Food Cake:
- In a large mixing bowl sprinkle the salt and cream of tartar over the egg whites.
- Beat until soft tilted peaks form when beater is slowly withdrawn. Beat In vanilla.
- Fold in the sugar, 2 tbsps. at a time. Sift In the flour In 4 additions, folding It in.
- Turn Into ungreased 9-inch angel food cake pan or tube pan.
- Bake on a low rack of a preheated (350 deg F) oven until cake tester, when inserted in the center, comes out clean about 35 minutes invert pan and let cake hang until cool.
- With a small metal spatula loosen cake edges and around tube, ease cake from pan.