3/4 cup sugar
3 egg yolks, slightly beaten
2 tablespoons cornstarch
2 teaspoons vanilla
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons butter
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 baked 9-inch pastry shell.
3 cups milk
How to make Vanilla Cream Pie
- Combine sugar, cornstarch, flour and salt in saucepan.
- Add milk gradually, blending in well. Cook over low heat, stirring until thick.
- Stir a little of the hot mixture into egg yolks, then return to saucepan.
- Continue cooking 2 minutes. Remove from heat; blend in margarine and
- Cover and cool to lukewarm, starring occasionally. Pour into baked pastry shell.
- Top with meringue or whipped cream. Yield: one 9-inch pie for 6 serving.
FOOD FOR THOUGHTS: ( Blend Right)
Blenders operate well only when two-thirds full. A blender that is too full may not operate at all.