2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
2/3 cup sugar
1/4 cup oil
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 egg, beaten
1 cup milk
1 cup loosely packed mashed yellow Kamote or sweet potato
How to make Camote or Sweet Potato Bread
- Stir together flour, baking powder. sugar and salt.
- Combine eggs, milk, oil, and mashed yellow camote.
- Pour all at once over flour mixture and stir only until flour is moistened.
- Pour into greased 4-1/2- by 8-1/2-inch loaf pan.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until done.
- Cool 10 minutes before removing from pan; cool completely before slicing.
- Yield: 1 loaf.
Note: Stir only until flour is moistened. Over stirring batter results in poor product.