6 tbsp. butter (85grams)
3/4 cup brown sugar (150grams)
1 egg, beaten
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 cup toasted sesame seeds, cooled
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. baking powder
How to make Sesame Seed Wafers
- Pre heat oven to 350 deg Fahrenheit. Grease 4 cookie sheets with vegetable shortening. In medium bowl of electric mixer with paddle attached, beat butter with sugar on medium speed until well blended and fluffy.
- Gradually add egg and vanilla, and continue beating until mixture increases in volume. In another bowl, combine sesame seeds, flour, salt and baking powder.
- Add to creamed mixture in four parts, beating after each addition on low speed just until blended.
- Drop dough by teaspoonfuls 2 inches apart on prepared cookie sheets. Bake for 8 minutes or until cookies have spread and are lightly browned.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 30 seconds. With spatula, carefully transfer to wire rack to cool. If cookies become too hard, return to warm oven for about a minute to soften slightly. Store in an airtight container. Makes about 75 small cookies.