1 package dry yeast
1 tablespoon salt
1/2 cup lukewarm water
1/2 cup soy flour
2 cups hot water
6 tablespoons nonfat dry milk
2 tablespoons oil
2 tablespoons wheat germ
2 tablespoons sugar
6 cups white flour (or mixed whole wheat and white)
How to make High Protein White Bread
- Dissolve yeast in lukewarm water. Mix next four ingredients together and add to yeast mixture.
- Add soy flour, dry milk and wheat germ to 3 cups of flour and mix well.
- Mix dry mixture vigorously into first mixture and gradually add remaining flour to make a stiff dough.
- Turn dough onto floured board and knead 10 minutes.
- Place in oiled bowl, cover and let rise in a warm place until double in bulk (1-1/2 to 2 hours).
- Punch down and let rise again about one hour. Divide into two parts. form into loaves.
- Place in oiled loaf pans, and let rise until double (about 1 hour).
- Bake at 375 degrees F for from 50 to 60 minutes. Yield: 2 loaves.