4 cups enriched flour
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 tablespoon ginger juice
1 cup butter, softened
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup light molasses
How to make Gingerbread Man
- Stir together dry ingredients.
- Cream butter and sugar until light fluffy.
- Blend in molasses. Gradually add flour mixture.
- Mix thoroughly. Chill until firm, 1 to 2 hours.
- Divide dough into quarters.
- On a large, ungreased baking sheet, roll each quarter out 1/8-inch thick.
- Cut with 5-inch tall Gingerbread Man cutter.
- Remove dough between cookie cutouts.
- Re-roll excess dough on another baking sheet.
- Bake cookies in preheated 375 degrees F oven for from 7 to 8 minutes. or until lightly brown.
- Cool slightly before removing from baking sheets.
- Cool completely; decorate as desired.