2 & 1/2 cups all-purpose flour (sifted)
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp fine salt
1/2 cup white sugar
1/3 cup butter or margarine
1 tsp vanilla
2 tbsp powdered milk (for special camachile)
How to make camachile:
- Add sugar to butter and beat. Beat eggs in another bowl, add salt and vanilla. Mix together butter mixture and egg mixture. Continue beating until smooth.
- Add baking soda and baking powder to sifted flour. Blend with egg-butter mixture. Knead on top of floured board.
- Form into small balls (1 tbsp. full) and roll on floured board till ball flattens. Then, form into strip 3″
- 4″ long.
- Lightly press 2 fingers on dough, turn other side and press 3 fingers. This would make your cookie look like a camachile fruit when baked.
- Arrange on a greased baking sheet and bake in a preheated oven to 350 deg F. Bake for 16 minutes or until golden brown.