2 & 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 & 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 cups ripe mashed lakatan or cavendish bananas (about 6 pcs)
1/2 cup sour cream
3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
2 cups light brown sugar, packed
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
How to make banana cakes:
- Preheat oven to 350 deg F. Line 2-ounce size muffin pans with paper cups. In a bowl sift together flour, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- Combine bananas and sour cream in a separate bowl. Set aside.
- In a bowl, cream butter, sugar and vanilla until light. Add the eggs, one at a time, mixing well for 30 seconds before adding the next one.
- At low speed alternately add sifted dry ingredients and banana mixture to the creamed butter.
- Scoop batter into muffin pans three-fourths full, Bake for about 25 minutes or until the top springs back when lightly touched. Cool. Dust top with powdered sugar.